Qualification and Application Requirements
Thank you for your interest in ARPM Rental Procedure. To assist you with your decision on your new home, please review the guidelines that we use to qualify potential Tenants before completing your rental application. Please note that these are our general rental guidelines; nothing contained in these guidelines constitutes a guarantee or representation that all residents and occupants currently residing in one of our homes have met these guidelines. This document provides a general overview of our guidelines and screening requirements shown below may not include all criteria checked by the background screening company. Requirements are subject to change. We will provide you with further details, terms and conditions throughout the process.
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING
- Application fees cover the cost and administration for running individual background and credit checks.
- Applying to Atlanta Residential Property Management does not guarantee approval, nor does it constitute a lease for the home which you applied.
- Only if you are approved will you be given the opportunity to pay a Reservation Fee which converts to a deposit at Move In when you sign a 1 yr Lease.
- The application process is run on a first come, first serve basis. We do not hold homes without a reserveration Fee plus a $150.00 admin fee plus any pet deposits. We receive a lot of applications, however many applicants do not receive approval, pay a deposit and/or sign a lease. We continue to accept applications until one applicant has completed all steps and reserved the property.
It is ARPM’s policy not to discriminate against any person because of that person’s race, color, creed or religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, military status, handicap, disability, or any other protected status. You may ask ARPM to consider any reasonable accommodation or modification you need because of a disability.
Occupancy Guidelines – The following occupancy standards apply based on 2 persons per bedroom, plus one per home. 1 Bedroom = 3 Persons; 2 Bedroom = 5 Persons; 3 Bedroom = 7 Persons; 4 Bedroom = 9 Persons; 5 Bedroom = 11 Persons. These occupancy standards do not apply to anyone protected under the Federal Fair Housing Guidelines as they relate to familial status. Familial status is defined as “one or more individuals (who have not attained the age of 18 years) being domiciled with a parent or another person having legal custody of such individual or individuals; or the designee of such parent or other person having such custody, with the written permission of such parent or other person. The protections afforded against discrimination on the basis of familial status shall apply to any person who is pregnant or is in the process of securing legal custody of any individual who has not attained the age of 18 years.” ARPM reserves the right, however, to limit occupancy in unique situations due to the physical limitations of the property (for example, limitation of the building’s sewer and electrical systems) and state and local building codes that impose their own set of minimum space requirements per occupant.
Age – All Applicants who will be responsible for paying rent must be listed as tenants on the lease, be 18 years of age or older and pay the nonrefundable Application Fee ($55 per person except as prohibited by law). All occupants 18 years of age or older who will live in the property but will not be responsible for the rent, must be included in the Application, pay the nonrefundable Application Fee ($55 per person except as prohibited by law) and are required to be listed on the lease as occupants. Occupants who are younger than 18 years of age at the time that you complete the Application do not need to pay the application fee, but are required to be listed on the lease as occupants.
Credit Check – We will request a credit report on all applicants to verify credit worthiness. Credit checks are currently run through the following credit bureau: Equifax, Experian & Trans-union. If the average score is in the range of 550 points & 580 point,we will likely require payment of an additional security deposit plus a reservation Fee and last months rent .
Please note: If the average score is in the range of 550 points & 580 point,we will likely require payment of an additional security deposit plus a reservation Fee and last months rent. (Georgia residents will require payment of an additional deposit, along with the security deposit and first month’s rent, prior to move-in)
Criminal Background Check – A criminal background check will be conducted for each applicant and occupant aged 18 years or more. A conviction for the illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance is cause for an automatic denial of an application. Criminal convictions relating to violent acts, crimes of dishonesty or breach of trust or matters of similar nature or severity may be cause for denial of an application. In addition to the nature and severity of the conviction, Landlord will consider factors including, without limitation, the amount of time that has passed since the relevant conviction and whether such conviction could reasonably be deemed to be indicative of a potential risk to safety and/or property.
Income – Our standard income approval requires applicants to provide proof of verifiable gross household monthly income of at least 3 times the rental amount. Total rent payment per month cannot be more than 33.33% of the applicants’ combined gross monthly income. Standard approval applicants will only need to pay security deposit and first month’s rent prior to move-in.
Please note: Conditionally approved applicants will need to pay security deposit and first and last month’s rent prior to move-in (Georgia residents will require payment of an additional deposit, along with the security deposit and first month’s rent, prior to move-in).
Rental History – If your most recent residence is a rental property, you will need to provide a copy of the lease agreement and one of the following: (i) six months of banks statements showing monthly rental payments, (ii) six months of cancelled rent checks or (iii) six months of rent payment receipts. Applicants who are unable to verify recent rental payments will be required to pre-pay last month’s rent prior to move-in.
Please note: Proof of rental payments does not apply to applicants who owned their own home for the 6 months prior to the lease term.
Guarantors – A guarantor will be required for applicants that are students or who cannot provide proof of verifiable income, but otherwise meet all other application requirements. Guarantor must meet the following requirements:
Credit – -Credit score must be 650 or higher
Income – Income must be at least 4 times the rent
Pets / Animals – You are required to disclose in your application all pets that will reside in the property and provide a time stamped dated picture of your pet. Pets will be approved on a case-by-case basis. Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Staffordshire Terriers, German Shepherds and Dobermans are not permitted on any Premises and we have the right to restrict other breeds or specific animals at our sole discretion.
Pets are subject to a one-time nonrefundable fee of $350 per pet due at move-in,except as prohibited by law. The pet fee does not apply to service animals* or for small caged animals.
A service animal is any animal that assists a person with a physical or mental impairment. A service animal is not a pet.
A resident may not keep more than two 30-gallon or larger aquariums in the home
Applicants must provide a photograph and veterinary records showing that vaccinations are current for each pet
Resident(s) will abide by the rules and regulations of any applicable Homeowners’ Association (HOA) as it relates to pet and breed restrictions
Smoking Policy – Smoking is strictly prohibited inside any unit.
ARPM processes all applications on a first-come, first-served basis. We base our decision on standard criteria including rental and credit history, ability to pay rent and background check results. ARPM will decline applicants for any of the following:
- Prior Evictions within TWO (2) years of application
- Credit score below a 550 points
- Identity cannot be verified
- Income cannot be verified
- No open bankruptcies or bankruptcies within past 3 years
Insufficient income – Verifiable gross household monthly income of at least 3 times the rental amount. Total rent payment per month cannot be more than 40% of the applicants’ combined gross monthly income
- Any landlord collections in the past 3 years
Overdue debt of $4000 or more, including balances on outstanding civil judgments (does not include student loans or medical bills/debt)
A conviction for the illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance
- Registered Sex Offenders
Misrepresentation(s) or falsifications of application
5 APPLICATION NEEDS
Your application is complete only upon our receipt of all five (5) application requirements listed below.
- Complete and Sign the Lease Application – Fill out and electronically sign the lease application. By completing and signing the lease application, the Applicant(s) authorizes ARPM to verify credit history and run a criminal background check, as well as income verification and rental history verification.
- Attach Photo Identification – All applicants must provide a legible copy of their driver’s license or other government issued photo I.D. including pets. (e.g. Passport, Permanent Resident Card, Military ID etc.).
- Attach Income Verification Documents – To verify your income, we require:
- If employed by a company- Proof of 90 days Pay stubs & 1 Year W2 requireD in a .pdf format, NO PICTURES ACCEPTED
- If self-employed / business owner – Most recent tax return and 6 months bank statement summary.
- If from pension / disability / child support / Section 8 and or any other benefit – (i)Court approved settlement documents and/or government benefit documentation, such as vouchers, and (ii) 6 months bank statement summary.
- Attach Rental Payment Verification Documents – If your most recent residence is a rental property, send a copy of the lease agreement and one of the following: (i) 6 months of bank statements showing monthly rental payments, (ii) 6 months of cancelled rent checks or (iii) 6 months of rent payment receipts. The requirement for proof of rental payments does not apply to Applicants who owned their own home for the six (6) months prior to the lease term.
- Pay Application Fee(s) – A nonrefundable Application Fee of $55 per adult occupant 18 years or older, except as prohibited by law, is required prior to submitting the online Application. Payment can be made via credit card on our online portal.
Documents can be attached during the application process.However, if you do not attach documents/identification with the Lease Application, you must email these documents securely to us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please be sure to include the rental property address and your full name when sending by email.